Saturday, December 11, 2010

Forgive me runners for I have sinned...

It has been 7 days since my last run. Actually...that's a lie. It's been 9 days. In my defense, the weather gods did play a role by dropping about 70-80 cm (umm...about 2 and a half feet or so? I'm being lazy and not googling a conversion calculator) on my city from Sunday to Wednesday morning, which, prevented me from running those days. But, even though I feel kind of guilty about running, I feel more like running now, than I did at this time last week. In many respects, the Snowmageddon December 2010, did me a lot of good, since it rejuvenated my running spirit. I know that the last few weeks have been a bit of a drag for me - I was running more because I felt I had to go out, rather than actually wanting to go out, and that made it difficult. With the week off, I feel more like running again, which is good. So hopefully this upcoming week will be good for running.


In other good news (at least I think it's good news) I'm pretty much done my Christmas shopping. I have to pick up a couple of things, but other than that I'm done, which is pretty awesome. And I know what I want to get, so it's just a matter of going out and picking it up rather than looking for something or trying to figure out what I want to get. Each year I try to get done early, and each year, I kind of fail at that, so even though I'm not done I'm pretty pleased that I'm mostly done.

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya, I ran today on the messy sidewalks and it was BRUTAL.

    Glad you fell like running again, sometimes a break is revitalizing!

    ReplyDelete