Sunday, October 3, 2010

Rain running

It was Run for the Cure today, though I didn't participate. I had honestly forgotten about it until Thursday, and ended up not registering. Congrats to everyone that did participate, though! I know here, it was in the rain, and was fairly cool, so double congrats! It's a fantastic cause to raise funds for.

I did go for a 10km run to train for what will probably be my last race of this season. As I mentioned earlier, it was rainy and fairly cool (6 C, but felt cooler, I think). So the beginning was kind of chilly, but it wasn't terrible once I warmed up. Still, for the first couple of km I was wondering what I was thinking going out. I got to break out the cw-x tights, affectionately known as the 'fast tights' because I feel fast in them, which is a bit of a rarity for me. I also wore a vest I got for entering a race earlier this year. Normally, I'm not a running vest person, but it was water repellent so I figured I'd give it a try. While I don't think I'll be buying a vest (at least at full price) any time soon, I did enjoy wearing it, and keeping my core dry. So for those wondering about vests they do have their uses!

The paths were pretty bare this weekend, I think between the Run for the Cure, the rain, and the Runners' Choice marathon group off at the Wineglass Marathon, there weren't many runners out.

Anyway, overall things went well today.

1 comment:

  1. Whoot, I'm your first follower, I feel honoured!

    It's funny, when I was out for my run tonight I was thinking a light vest may have been nice!

    I'm in London too.

    ReplyDelete