Saturday, October 2, 2010

Obligatory first post

Well, hello gentle readers. I'll be honest, I have no idea what I'm doing, and I doubt that this blog will be much different than the plethora of other running blogs out there.

A bit of my running history: like others I began running soon after I learned to walk. In elementary school and high school I joined the cross-country team, and the track team, but never excelled at running. After high school graduation, running slowly left my life, as, to be blunt, I got lazy, and didn't put time in to run. While in the beginning, the lack of exercise didn't affect my weight too much as the years went on, I put on weight, and after finishing my second degree I got back into running by joining a Learn to Run program at a local running store. Since then I've devoted more time to running and recently completed my first half marathon. Like before I'm a mid-pack runner, and don't excel in the overall finishers, nor in my age group. While I hope to become more competitive, right now I'm relishing in getting back into the sport.

No comments:

Post a Comment